Search This Blog

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Bicycle Buying Procedure in Japan

 

I am very sure that some of you possess a bicycle. So my question now is how do you buy a bike?

Of course, first, you go to the supermarket or any market, then select the bicycle you wanted most, and when you fell in love, you directly buy it, pay it and bring it to your home. Later, you can go bicycling.

In Japan, when you want to buy a bicycle, there is a procedure that we must follow. Here is my experience when I bought a bike while I was studying in Japan:

  1. I looked for a bike  from the amazon website (actually, I could buy it from the home center near my Campus);
  2. I selected and bought it;
  3. The delivery service  sent the bicycle package to my dorm;
  4. I brought my bicycle to the home center near my Campus and registered my bike to get the number. In Japan, we call it “ Bouhan Touroku.” It means the bicycle registration with the prefectural police. Bouhan Touroku is mandatory for possessing a bicycle in Japan.
  5.  I reported my registered bicycle to my Campus, so I got my campus label as well.

After I completed all the procedures, I could go bicycling. Though I was studying in the countryside, we still had to enforce the law, no exception for a bicycle. 

Here are some pictures capturing the moment when registering my bicycle. 

At the Home center, I had to bring all the documents needed. At that time, my friend, Rafli, accompanied me.

πŸ‘‡

The female checked my bicycle.


πŸ‘‡

She attached the label. 


πŸ‘‡


My Bicycle with the label 



πŸ‘‡

Let's go bicycling 













No comments:

Post a Comment