Search This Blog

Sunday, September 27, 2020

How much monthly spending for a student in Japan ?

 Dear my friends, 

I hope you safe and sound. Today I would like to share with you how much I spent my monthly in Japan. Before I started informing you. I would like you to know several things as follow: 

  1. I have been pursuing my master degree in International University of Japan (IUJ).
  2. I am a JICA scholar. So, all my tuition and also monthly spending are given from JICA. 
  3. IUJ is located in Minamiuonuma, Perfecture Niigata. It is a country side and my campus is surrounded by rice fields. I close to nature. 

Because I have been living in country side, I didin't spend to much for my monthly needs. Except, I visit another place and buy the clothes or others, I will spend more.  

Here is my spending. 
STUDENT DORMITORY (SD) 

I am staying in a student dormitory which is a bit expensive than staying off campus (rental house outside campus). But, staying in SD 1 is cheaper than staying in SD3. There is no lift in SD1. My friend ever asked me whether I wanted to move out to SD3 or not, because she told me that SDI was spooky. But I like its lounge. SDI's lounge is the biggest I think among other dormitories. Actually, I am afraid of ghost. But I remember my father ever said that no human was died by a ghost (eaten by ghost). I can recite Quran or sleep whenever I feel scared.   

For example my expenses for December (related to my Dorm) in 2019, as follow: 


You can see that my hot water expense is bigger than electricity. It because in December was snowing, so, it was cold and I have a bad habit for taking a long shower. For the printer use, you see that in each of dormitory also available the print. It is connected via campus wifi. When we want to use the printer we have to log in with our username through the wifi. That's why, I like living in a dormitory for its access and also close to the class room.  

Oh yeah, actually if you choose to live off campus, you can get cheaper monthly payment by sharing with your friends. If you are lucky, you can get a sharing house. For the information of a sharing house, you can join facebook group : Uonuma Network Group.

Next, 
MONTLHY SPENDING (SHOPPING)



My monthly spending is varied from about 20.000,- yen to 50.000, yen ... Every Saturday I can shop at DAISO and AEON. But, for weekly needs, Cupid Yamato will do. I forgot what I spent about 9.670 yen. It was the most expensive I ever spent in a supermarket. 

For the tuition, I do not know, because JICA directly gave it to my university. 

I hope this blog is useful for you who want to continue study in Japan. Especially, in International University of Japan. 

Maybe in other blog I will share the different season in Minamiuonuma. 
Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment